Have you ever considered adding music to your marketing mix(tape)? It’s time to get your brand heard!
Music can be a powerful tool in any setting as it can trigger specific emotions, memories, and can foster an emotional connections. Brands are starting to pick up on this powerful sense and are including it in their latest marketing tactics: Spotify playlists!
Big brands have been incorporating music into their marketing for quite some time now, consider SunDrop’s “Drop It Like It’s Hot” (Snoop Dogg) Commercial. What was not expected was a Spotify channel for brands to create Spotify playlists as a part of their marketing campaigns.
- Barilla Italia (Pasta) – being one of the first brands to launch a Spotify profile, Barilla features many pasta-playlists such as “Mixtape Spaghetti” or “Boom Bap Fusilli”. Users select the playlist that references their pasta of choice, and the playlist will last as long as it takes to cook your desired pasta. Their account has already reached over 275,000 followers.
- Kentucky Fried Chicken – in efforts to strengthen their consumer relationships after 2019 “Spicy Chicken War” between the major fast-food companies, KFC dropped their Spotify playlist, “Bucket Bangers”, which has songs featuring Kanye West, Madonna, and other artists that reference fried chicken.
- Nike Run Club – Nike quickly jumped onto the Spotify train by creating workout playlists for their target consumers, featuring playlists such as “Mindful Miles”, or “All Over the Pace” and has over 1.2 million followers.
Spotify, the widely popular music streaming service, has increased to have 356 million monthly active users as of April 2021, and forecasts that this number will grow to 407-427 million prior to the end of the year.
Interested in creating a Spotify Playlist for your brand? Here’s what to do:
- Set Up Your Account
- This may seem obvious, but it’s necessary to define what streaming service best caters your audience and what type of account you want.
- To keep your account branded, login to your account on your desktop to upload branded content such as your profile picture.
- Consider Your Brand Tone + Voice
- The Spotify account should elevate your brand, so prior to building your playlists, consider what your business offers and what type of music could be associated with your brand, playlist titles, branded cover content, how frequently should you update your playlists, etc.
- Create + Share
- Build out your playlists while keeping your target consumers in mind. We recommend 20-30 songs per playlist and sharing throughout your social media platforms to gain traction.
- Pro Tip: once you have gained enough exposure on your Spotify account, consider using your platform for Podcasts!
Pro Tip: Incorporate Spotify into your print with ENPOINTE by using Spotify QR Codes! Call us today to see a sample on some of our recently printed Spotify codes.
Now you know how to tune-up your marketing mix. Ready to get started? Visit our ENPOINTE Spotify for some inspo.
Sources: Spotify, Musically